- When booking, please give notice of 45 minutes – 1 hour before your preferred pickup time. We will make every effort to accommodate last minute requests, but cannot guarantee availability.
- Any bookings required for the same day should be made by phone.
- Any enquiries received will be replied to as soon as possible. Any telephone messages, emails or online enquiries received outside of operating hours will be responded to the following day.
- Pickup location: If the pickup location is at a private address, please provide full details, including the post code. This will help us to find you and prevent any unnecessary delays.
Cancellations or Amendments
- Please inform us if you wish to cancel your booking. 45 minutes’ notice is requested.
- If a booking is cancelled after the drivers have been dispatched to your location, or if the driver is unable to make contact at the pickup location, a £10 cancellation fee may be applied.
- Home James and our drivers reserve the right to refuse, cancel or terminate a booking at any time at their sole discretion.
- All cancellations made on a Friday or Saturday within 3 hours’ notice will incur a £10 fee which is payable at the time.
- You maybe charged an amendment fee if you want to move your booking within an hour
- If our drivers are kept waiting at the pickup location, this may cause us to be late for the next customer. The first 5 minutes of waiting time is complimentary, but further delays will be charged at £1 per minute.
- Our drivers will only wait 10 minutes at the arranged pickup point.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure their vehicle is in a fit condition to be on a public road and meets all Guernsey road safety regulations, such as a valid insurance disc, legal tyres and brakes that are in good condition
- It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that their vehicle has enough fuel for the intended journey.
- Any customer making any threats (physical or verbal) or any antisocial behaviour towards our drivers will be reported to the Police.
- Our operators are always happy to estimate the cost of your journey, based upon information provided. Alternatively, the tool on this website will calculate an estimated fare. Please note that these are intended for general guidance only – actual fares charged may vary, depending on the exact route taken on your journey.
Payments and charges:
- Please note that higher tariffs will be applied on bank holidays. This includes (but is not limited to) Good Friday, May Bank Holiday, Spring Bank Holiday, Summer Bank Holiday and Christmas Eve, the fares will be +£5, Liberation Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Eve will be time and a half and Christmas Day and News Years Day (from midnight) will be double time
- Fares may increase with out notice
- Home James, and our drivers, treat our customers’ vehicles with the greatest care. In the event of any damage, Home James will not accept any liability for damage to any vehicle unless notified to the office at the time of the incident.
No Smoking Policy:
- Government ‘anti-smoking legislation’ deems a customer’s car as our drivers’ place of work (for the duration of the journey). Smoking is therefore strictly prohibited in any part of the vehicle.
- Seat belts must be worn in the front and the rear of the car by all passengers anyone who fails to comply we will refuse to take you! due to the driver being responsible for you to carry this out, if you remove your seat belt during the ride you maybe fined £100, Please buckle up
- Under no circumstances do we pass your information to any third party outside of our organisation.
Terms and Conditions:
- Home James reserves the right to change the terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. Any such changes will appear on our website.